Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Goalsetting and Other Reminders

Unlike other attempts to start blogs other than those which I currently write now, I'm trying to round myself into a corner when it comes to consistency with posts. Unlike strictly topic-centered blogs, I'm hoping for this one to have a little more leeway for me to expand on my thinking.

Goal: Stop Being a Chicken and Start Posting the Darn Conspiracy

>>>Well, it had to come out, didn't it? While I wore tight, restrictive masks before, I'm hoping to at last get my thoughts on news topics and creative fiction out into the world, as well as a prepared rant or two with the occasional conspiracy. It'll definitely be a change for me, but I'm looking forward to the freedom of post.

Goal: Stop Being a Chicken and Start Promoting Yourself

>>>This is a rather funny weak spot in me. Forever avoiding social media, my past sites have risen past fifty followers through "grassroots" promotion via comments. Heck, the reason I'm even typing this is so that I'll promote. I guess I'll start today or tomorrow, schedule allowing. I'm a procrastinator at times.

Goal: Finish First Draft

>>>Did you know that I've won National Novel Writing Month twice (almost thrice) now? At the time, I'm wedged in between blogs, a summer course, and the first draft of my current novel, Leap. I'll be putting up a little more about it later if I feel like it's worth posting about.

Speaking of goals, the ones I put above (or the first two, at least) are good goals to set for oneself should they start a project or blog of their own. They cover the things many want from their blogs - an outlet for thoughts and writing and a following. I'm hoping that both will happen here, but I know hoping won't be enough. I like to pretend that my viewpoint on things around me is startlingly different than what others in the same field of blogging may see. I guess I'll have to find that out myself.

Goal: Stop Being a Chicken, Ruby. 

--
P.S. Miscellaneous goals:

Take more photos (and post them!)
Write a post in a coffee shop
Get in the city more often
Ride bike somewhere farther than half a mile away
Charge iThingy (iPod, really, but Thingy fits better)

No comments:

Post a Comment