Monday, July 22, 2013

This Little Blogger Had a Life Once

Believe it or not, I actually did. If you know me, then you're free to ask for pictures. Sure - all evidence of a life has been labeled with years past; I think it was 2011 when I put up a post for the first time. Since then, light has been replaced with coffee. Oxygen comes through my charging cord, and major organs can be found on the lanyard containing my USBs. In all honesty, I should be doing something more productive right now. When it comes to new posts, though, when is a better time to write one than in the between everything else?

I'm Ruby, and I guess this is it. I come from roots of role-playing and fan-fiction, now hoping to expand my blogging and fiction horizons as I document my journey here. Unlike masks worn before, this site in particular is really a slice of me. In this very post, I type bittersweet farewells, the raising of various glasses, and a silent prayer all hidden in the text. (Don't check the coding.) In the posts to come, I have taken little bits of friends' styles. Whether it's the cold shoulder to any expected - and just as much any unexpected - comment trolls, or the playful ponderer who at times goes outside, Raw Ruby is the melting pot of my various works, hopefully thrown together correctly for a wonderful chocolate cake of a blog.

I like to pretend that I'm somewhere nice when I blog - a coffee shop of choice in Pike Place Market, or keeping to myself at the Hendrix Hits London exhibit at the EMP when I get the chance. They've called me a Seattle chick for a reason, and I won't deny my love for the grunge, the rain, and Macklemore. I'll pretend for the time being that I've expanded my platform as who I am now. I hope for a following measured not by number but by appreciation and genuineness.

Cam, Paige, mom and dad - this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment