Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting Used to School (again)

It's been an interesting few days. My back hurts and my brain is absolutely fried. However, I do have a few observations to make on 8th graders:

Girls - The girls are wearing things that gross me out, for starters. Second, they bleach their hair and put on ridiculous makeup that makes them look weird. I don't understand. They wear short skirts that practically scream, "Want to see my panties? Go ahead!". Their usernames are "BooBoo Kitty F*ck" and "C*nty Wh*re" and are turning into "bad girls". It disgusts me!

Boys - The boys...have grown. They wish to be called "men". Chest hair has sprouted and voices have deepened. Some of the pompous boys have taken to flirting and wearing "bro tanks" from which anybody can see said chest hair when unlucky enough to get a side profile. In the words of my gym teacher, nobody wants to see that. You won't be getting hugs, either.

The Scene - When I say this, I mean the boyfriend/girlfriend scene. People have, people steal, people make out before they're faked out and/or replaced. I understand relationships to a point, and I know that the feelings for others are real. However, that gives nobody any reason to do it all on their first try. (Someone labeled me as "hopless" then told me to label my own romantic self. I said, "Frank Sinatra".)

My morning was interesting. It always is. This time, I sped into school and started by printing documents. I had walked with a friend of mine to the library. I printed documents then my friend (a "he who needs a shower but is real nice to be around" friend) challenged me to a game of chess over books and morning sleepiness. We ended in stalemate and walked as far as we could to our different first period classes together until we parted. Hanging out with that friend in the morning is a really good part of my day, as I feel happy in first period.

The rest of the day is composed of getting through classes. They aren't very hard for me and I'm making tons of new friends to go with the old. I break for lunch just after P.E. and I am able to mooch enough food off of my friends to feed myself, sometimes. This isn't exactly like my days at the college, but I could expect as much. Ah, well.

I've got to go, now. See you!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile, it really took me back to when I was 13/14 - I am 16 now, but teen years are so dynamic that the culture re-evolves each summer! - and the boys (sorry, men) at my school would remove their jumpers (all Irish schools have crested jumpers and strict uniforms), unbutton some of their shirt and "accidentally" reveal a scattering of chest hair, right in the middle of accounting or geography or whatever kind of sobering lesson in which you were not prepared to witness such a sight..

    They even had to ban "excessive use of cosmetics or unnatural hair pigmentation", because it was exactly how you said. Ah, Monday morning make-up inspections.. It brings me back 24 months or so...

    Awesome blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment. I sit at a lunch table of boy scouts; They're a little humbler with their dressing, thank goodness. I hope I don't get into too much makeup just yet...

    Once again, thanks for stopping by! :)

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete