Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I See the Room Where my Mother Will Be

I see the room where my mother will be
Clean and yellow-white
Clean enough to wipe a tear away, as if she'll die on impact.

I see the room where my mother will be
It smells like flowers
Like that in powder to clot the surgical drip as if it will keep her bound.

I see the room where my mother will be
It's as if she'll die there
As if she'll waste away.

I hear the room where the gossip will be
I'm sitting on her linens. 
A shrill laugh erupts over Doritos, as if she'll waste away.

I see the room where my mother will be
I'll channel the waste
And without haste
I'll leave let her sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I love your poetry Ruby! As the reader in this poem I really feel your emotion towards your Mother in contrast to the 'clean' and supposedely empty room! I wonder what you were trying to achieve when you wrote it?

    Also I have been trying to fix my blog to make it more accessable for people, I was wondering if you could be the first to follow me!

    livvdx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Olivia! This poem was written when I was really tired and I try not to edit my posts as much once they've been published.
      I followed a few minutes ago. Could you follow me?

      All the best,

      Ruby

      Delete