Friday, August 30, 2013

My Trip to Portland, Day 2


Hello! I'm way too tired to talk about my entire thing today, but I'll show you pictures and some poetry.

Today, I went to Powell's Books
I got SERIOUSLY lost, but that was the best
part.
There was a giant manga section. I sent this picture
to my friends.
Oh, remember the tip jar
from this morning? Yeah. I got $5!
Poetry for the day:

"David's" Phone Beeped

A missed call! It chimes
making my heart race
and almost split the ladder. 

The Rose Room

There are books on the ceiling!
I admit, I'm overwhelmed
There aren't benches
I love it.

The Journal Corner

But, alas!
They're all so expensive.
Must I remember my own
principles of value?
My wallet growls. 

User Error

I'm curious
as to how this ladder will be set
to reach the dusty shelves by I
after I brunt the toast this morning. 

Re-Locating the Map in the Pearl Room

My lungs are dust
and filled with ink
and worn-away glue
and cutting pages
to my penniless heart. 
Heart races, nervous paces.
Wrong room, wrong room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment