Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thoughts on a Writing Plan

This year, having stumbled upon an extra composition book, I have decided to improve my fiction this year by developing a writing plan to focus on certain elements as I work on my NaNoWriMo novel. Here's my plan as of yet:

August-September - Character Relations (devlopment, dialogue, background integration)
October-November - Setting and Description (or as I say, set-n'-descrip)
November - NaNoWriMo! I'm hoping to finish my novel during this month.
December-January - Specific Characters (Thinking back to August and focusing on single characters and how they handle themselves)

New Notebook after January (or whenever it gets filled)

February-March - Extras, Extras, Extras! (Poetry, Song, Fairy Tale)
April-May - Short Story Work (I mean, this will be happening the entire time, but more focus.)
June-July - NaNo Focus, Probably Beginning of Editing Phase II

I'll start posting entries to Character Relations once or twice a week with my favorite bits and bobs. Until then, I'll be off. Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment